Licensed Agents
training visa


Learn More

Training Visa 407

Training Visa 407 - Great things you should know

Training Visa 407 is a visa for people who are coming to Australia to undertake a short-term training course. The course must be at least six months in duration and have a training provider approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).

This visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to four years, with the ability to apply for further extensions. To be eligible, you need to hold a substantive visa that is valid for at least six months. You also need to have an offer of employment from an Australian employer, or an offer of study from an Australian educational institution.

In order to qualify for a training visa, the applicant must have already been offered a job in Australia and be able to demonstrate that they have the skills to fill the position. The visa is granted for up to four years and does not allow for permanent residency.

Training Visa 407 is a temporary visa granted to those who want to study and work in the Australia. There are two main steps involved in applying for the visa. 1) You need to make sure that you fit the requirements for this visa. 2) Apply for the visa with all required documents and pay the fee.

Attention: Key benefits of this visa: Employer sponsored - Allows you to work for an Australian employer and be sponsored for your visa. You can get this visa without any qualifications or prior experience Permanent residency - If you meet certain conditions and criteria, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residency (PR) Salary - No minimum salary requirements (unlike with other 457 visas) Interest: Do you want to come to Australia on a temporary basis? If so, then this is the visa for you. It's perfect if you want to work as a professional in Australia with no experience or qualifications required! This is also a great option if you just want to try things out before committing.

Apply for your Australian Training Visa now!

More Information on training visa

What is Australia's Training Visa?

The training visa enables Australian businesses and organisations to sponsor and nominate foreign individuals to work for their sponsor in an occupation, while participating in an organized training program provided by their sponsor/employer/training provider or participate in professional training programs. This is a temporary visa allowing a stay in Australia for up to 2 years.

Become a sponsor

Temporary activities sponsor

The business or organisation needs to be an approved temporary activities sponsor to sponsor someone for some activities or streams of visa subclasses 407. To learn how to become an Approved Temporary Activities Sponsor.

What are the eligibility streams and benefits?

Eligibleility for is determined under three streams:

  • to improve skills for a current occupation, or
  • improve skills in an area of tertiary study or field of expertise., and
  • for professional development training programs 



  • You can apply for the visa from both offshore and onshore training.
  • Depending on the length of your training period, you can live and work in Australia temporarily.
  • You can also include family members to come to Australia with you.
  • travel to and from Australia as many times as you want.

Occupational training required for registration

Workplace-based training is required to get occupational registration, membership or licensing. The registration, membership or licensing is mandatory to work in that occupation in Australia or your home country.

Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation

Workplace-based structured training programs that:

  • is specifically tailored and timed to the training needs of the nominated person
  • is in relation to an occupation specified on the list of eligible skilled occupations
  • involves a nominee who has recent and suitable prior experience. This can include employment experience or study experience that:
    • is the equivalent of at least 12 months full-time experience in the occupation
    • has occurred in the 24 months immediately before the nomination is lodged

Occupational training for capacity building overseas

Occupational training for capacity building overseas includes:

Overseas qualification

Structured workplace-based training in Australia for up to 6 months for students who:

  • are currently enrolled in a foreign educational institution and
  • must complete a period of practical training, research or observation to get their qualification
  • The training must be specifically tailored to the training needs of the nominated person.

Government support

Structured workplace-based occupational training which has:

  • the support of a government agency in Australia or
  • the government in the home country of the nominated trainee
  • Government agency support in Australia must be at the national or state/territory level.
  • Government in the nominated person’s home country must be at the national, state/territory or provincial level.

The training must be specifically tailored and timed to the training needs of the nominated person

Professional development

Professional development programs of face-to-face teaching in a classroom or similar environment in Australia. It is for overseas employers to send their managerial or professional employees.

Verified by MonsterInsights